The other day my husband mentioned that he would like to eat this. So, bought the pork ribs from the wet market yesterday and decided to cook this for dinner tonight. It was well-received by my family;)
This recipe was recommended by my eldest sis. Receipt as follows:
Prime Ribs (I bought 1 strip & get the butcher to chop into small pcs)
Ginger - a few slices
Shallots - 3 pcs & sliced
plain four - some for coating
Vinegar 浙醋 - 3+1/2 tbs
Sugar - 3 tbs
Chinese wine 花雕酒 - 2+1/2 tbs (more if you like)
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp or adjust to taste
Soy Sauce - 3 tbs
Salt - 1 tsp or more if you want
Sesame oil - 1 tbs or adjust to own preference
white Pepper - a dash
1. Marinade Pork ribs with seasoning for half hour or more. (I marinade for 3 hours.)
2. Heat up wok with some oil. Sauteed ginger slice and shallots separately. Remove from wok and lay the fried ginger slice and shallots into a slow cooker.
3. Coat pork ribs with flour and fry till golden brown. Place the fried pork ribs onto some kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
4. Put the fried pork ribs into a slow cooker. Pour ingredient B into the slow cooker.
5. Set the slow cooker to "High" and let it cook for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
After 2 hours of slow cooking, the pork was soft and tender. The gravy goes well with white rice and increase your appetise. My eldest son finished his meal in no times... ;) Yum, Yum, Yum!!