I used the sweet buns method from "Bread Magic" except:
1. use half bread flour and half cake flour;
2. omit milk powder and use fresh milk (banana flavoured);
Initially I wanted to make "Ham Twists" but found it not easy to twist and interweave. Guess what I did? I use a scissor to cut out and join them together! :) To make sure that they will join pretty well, I top them with diced cheddar cheese. You can tell from the pictures that I'm too liberal with the topping! Oops!!
Here is the recipe:
1 quantity "basic sweet bun dough"
10 pieces sliced ham
1 egg (beaten)
Cheddar cheese (diced)
Some dried bonito flakes ( omitted)
1. Leave dough in a big bowl, covered with a damp cloth. Proof in a warm place for 30 minutes or
till double in size. ( Mine took more than an hour to double.)
2. Divide dough into 10 equal portions. Roll and shape each portion into a long roll.
3. Place in a piece of ham and wrap up. Leave on a greased tray, spaced apart for spreading.
Make a slit through the centre and plait, interweaving one strand with the other. Wrap tray in a
roomy plastic bag. Let rise until double in size taking 45 minutes.
4. Glaze with egg wash and topped with cheese.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 minutes.
Hope they like it :)
Recipe source: Bread Magic