When I took out my muffin pans and paper cupcakes this afternoon, my elder son thought I was making cupcake! :)) Indeed, the final products were somewhat similar to cupcakes. :)
This is a recipe taken from "Aunty Yochana". This is my first attempt doing a twisted bread. Of course the final products were a far cry from hers lah! Despite the appearance, the breads smelt very delicious during baking. :)
Initially I was rather hesitant to do the full recipe (500g is a lot, mind you!). In the end, I halved the recipe. But, soon regretted it! Half recipe only yield about 11 pieces "cupcake bread"! Not enough for us! The next round I'll do a full recipe and improve my skills. :)
Recipe as follows:
Ingredients: (Bread Dough)
400g bread flour
100g hong kong flour ( I use plain flour)
10g instant yeast
30g milk powder
60g butter or margarine
Filling: (Mix all together)
200g peanut butter
50g roasted almond nibs
Some extra almond nibs for sprinkling
1 beaten egg for glazing
1. Mix all the bread dough ingredients into a mixer bowl except butter. Beat for 10 mins till dough is formed. Add in butter, continue beating till smooth and elastic. Cover the dough and let it rest for 1 hour.
2. Weigh and scale dough to 60g each. Rest for 10 mins.
3. Wrap up the dough with peanut butter fillings. Use a rolling pin to roll into a tongue shape, then cut into strips. Hold both ends together and twist it into a bowl and place into a greased muffin cup. Arrange onto a baking tray. Cover and let it rest for 45 mins or till double in size.
4. Glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle almond nibs on top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg C for 10 mins.
Recipe source: Yochana's Cake Delight