Made a batch of these bread buns for breakfast a few days ago.
Recipe as follows:
(Make 12 pieces)
Ingredients A:Bread Flour 300g
Castor Sugar 15g
Instant Yeast 6g
Milk powder 6g
小茴香 3g (I omitted this.)
Unsalted Butter 15g
Shredded Cheese 150g
Fillings:Mashed potato 200g
Salt - some
Pepper - some
Parsley flakes - some
Others:Egg - for glazing
Shredded cheese - for topping
1. Use your basic kneading of dough: Add ingredients A,B,C & D to form a dough.
2. After the first fermentation, punch out the gas, weigh the dough and cut into 12 equal pieces.
3. Round each dough into balls with seams side down. Cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for 20 minutes.
4. For filling:
a) Sweat out the oil in the bacon in a frying pan till crispy. Chop into small pieces
b) Cut and chop onion into small pieces.
c) Fry the onion till fragrant. Add the bacon pieces till combined with onion. Dish up.
d) Add in the mashed potato. Stir till well combined with the onion bacon pieces.
e) Add salt, pepper and parsley till well combined. Set aside to cool.
5. After 20 minutes of proofing, take out one dough. Using your hand, flatten the sides of the dough. With the centre of the dough protruding up, lightly press out the gas.
6. Add in about 25g of the fillings, seal and wrap up into a ball.
7. With the sealed side down, put the shaped doughs onto a baking tray. Slightly press to flatten them a little. Final proofing: 20 to 30 minutes (with humidity: 85%)
8. After the final proofing, use a scissor to cut a small cross in the centre of the dough.
9. Glaze with egg wash and top them with some shredded cheese.
10. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 15 minutes.
These buns smell very nice when fresh from the oven. However, we found it a tad too salties.......:( But the next day, it wasn't that salties, strange! I passed a few of them to my sisters, niece and nephews. They tried and commented that they were very nice and not salties at all!! One of my nephew thought it was a store-bought one! :D If you're trying, may be you want to reduce the shredded cheese quantity which is incorporated in the dough.
Recipe source: <曾美子教你第一次做面包>