Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fragrant Salted Fish Paste 咸鱼酱


This salted fish paste was made on the same day as my "Jing Du Sauce". The "Jing Du Sauce" was a breeze to make whereas this salted fish paste need some patience. You need to peel and chop the shallots (which I dread). Though all the hard work, the salted fish paste turned out to be very nice and fragrant. It tasted especially good with fried rice. My husband gave a thumb-up for this sauce. :D

Recipe as follows:

Ingredients:
150g Mui Heong Salted Fish (梅香咸鱼), wash & chop
10 shallots, peel & chop
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp sugar
100ml water
100ml oil

Method:
1. Heat up oil, saute chopped shallots and garlic till fragrant.
2. Add in chopped salted fish, sugar and stir well.
3. Add in water and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat.

(Storage time: 1 month in the fridge)
This sauce is also good for "steam minced meat" which I'll try sometimes next week.


Recipe source: 大牌档酱 (郭子仁著)

1 comment:

  1. I love your site! You make such wonderfully exotic things that I never see anywhere else - I feel like I'm window shopping when I read your posts!

    ReplyDelete