I've seen this loaf floating in the internet many times but none caught my attention until I discovered a blogger who made it so beautifully. I requested for her recipe and she gladly provide it. A simple loaf that uses very basic ingredients as shown below.
I've made this loaf countless times with my homemade natural yeast. Sometimes with added black sesame and black beans powder to enrich an otherwise plain loaf.
Ever since I've embarked on my homemade natural yeast, I've learnt so much from my new found pet. I read more and able to pull and put together what I've learnt to understand this micro-organism better. It's so amazing to see how it multiply and later on produce a soft bread loaf. 很有成就和满足感 ☺
《Original version using Instant Yeast》
250g Bread flour
20g Caster Sugar
10g Milk Powder
163g Iced cold water
1/2t Instant Yeast
25g Unsalted Butter
1. Knead dough till window pane stage.
2. 1st proofing - till double in size.
3. Punch and divide into 3 equal size. Cover and 1st bench rest: 15 mins
4. Flatten and roll into swiss roll style. Cover and 2nd bench rest: 15 mins
5. Flatten and roll into swiss roll style and put into a Pullman's tin.
6. Cover with a damp cloth and final proofing in a warm place till 80% full.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 deg C for 40 minutes. Done!
My version (using natural yeast)
250g bread flour
27g caster sugar
14g Milk Powder
1/2 t ++ Salt
140g Natural yeast
130 -140g Iced cold water
34g unsalted butter
# First proof ■ Abt 2 hours 10 minutes
# 1st Rest ■ 15 minutes
# 2nd Rest ■ 15 minutes
# Final proof ■ Set 1 hour (Rose ~ 50%) + Half hour ( another 30%)
Preheat and bake @ 210 Deg C for 40 minutes.
Pls link back to this blog if you're using any materials here.
My Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=900892233320672&id=100001997126298